BODY TRACKING WORKSHOP
02 Weeks (20 Hrs) / 04 Weeks(40 Hrs)
19 years of age or high school diploma
Portfolio submission and approval
What You Get
02 weeks: $800 CAD
04 Weeks: $1500 CAD
Body Tracking / Rotoanim
Through a series of online lectures and guided exercises this workshop will cover the tools available to help artists understand the complete process of tight rotoanim. Examined in depth this course covers including but is not limited to the tools and techniques that make a good solid object track, and how to get a tight body track using industry-standard tools like 3DEqualizer, PFTrack, and Maya.
Students participate in a series of lectures, discussions, and practice sessions to further hone their understanding of the art of matchmoving.
Prerequisites – Because all short-term VFX workshops start at the introductory level, Basic prerequisites like software knowledge of Maya, 3DE are required but no prior experience expected.
- Week 1: Intro to the Object Tracking
- Intro to PFTrack & 3DEqualizer Object Tracking
- Week 2: Intro to Basic Body Tracking
- Practicum: Rotoanim using basic rigs
- Week 3: Advance Body Tracking Techniques
- Practicum: Super Tight Body Tracks for the Hollywood Movies
- Week 4: Putting it all together
- Practicum: Polished Demo reel